Thursday, August 25, 2011

Acrylics

Learning how to paint is something I have always wanted to do since I was a child. One of my first experiences with painting was watching Bob Ross on PBS during the summer. I was so amazed at how he could create such beautiful images with just a few brushes, oil paints, and a palette knife. Since I didn't take summer courses and pretty much worked all summer I had time to finally try painting out. My media of choice is acrylics due to their versatility. Acrylics are easy to work with and their consistency can be varied with water. The paint can be diluted to mimic water colors if more water is added or mimic oil paints if the acrylic paint is very thick.

I have painted canvases so far: two abstract, one floral, and one landscape. 


This is my first painting. It is three sunflowers on a background and a sun.



These are my abstract paintings. They both have names and are more than just a lot of unorganized colors. They are both pictures of something.




This one is called "Broken Dancer." It is supposed to represent a tired and worn out dancer wearing a full skirt (like a ballerina). The yellow circle on the top left is the dancer's head. The green on top of the yellow circle is her hair. Her arms the magenta and green lines below her head are detached, and her skirt the pink/white triangle like shape below is her skirt.




This one is called "Man's Best Friend." It is a person and his dog walking in the park. There are hills, trees, a pond, and mountains in the background. The reddish-orange shape on the bottom left is a person and the magenta shape just to the right of that is the dog. There is a tree on the bottom right along with a pond. There are many other features I could point out to you, but the picture is a little too small to appreciate the detail.
 


This painting is similar to Monet's style called Impression. It incorporates elements of an abstract painting. This one is of wildflowers growing up a hill. I put a lot of time and detail into painting the flowers. It took such a long time to paint all of them. It is my personal favorite



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading:)