Monday, September 12, 2011

1st Class of Cake Decorating Course 2

I loved cake decorating so much that I decided to take the second cake decorating course titled "Cake and Flower Design" with my good friend Veronica! Our first class was last Thursday (I am a little behind on my blogging) and was a lot of fun. We are taking this course with another at another location because our previous instructor was not going to teach classes at nights anymore. Our new instructor is very good, but she goes extremely fast. I was really struggling to keep up with her:( I think that the other students felt the same way because it seemed like the whole class was rushing and trying to get everything done. And I thought that the last instructor went fast! The new instructor is 2-3 times faster. Class also seems to go by so quickly since we are always busy doing something and trying to keep up.

For our first class we learned how to make royal icing. Royal icing hardens, but it still edible. It is used to make flowers and other designs. We have to bring two royal icing recipes to the next class on Wednesday. For this class we learned how to make gum glue and how to make gum paste flowers using some sort of cutter. It was a lot of fun!

Here are a few pics of my flower creations:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading:)