Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Beach Painting

One of my most favorite places has to be the beach. Unfortunately Surfside and Bryan beaches are not very pleasant on the eyes. I recently painted a beach scene that I am very proud of. My beach painting is totally not Surfside or Bryan beach. It would be more from the East or West coast versus the Gulf coast.


I think that this is my best painting yet. It was very challenging to to paint the waves and the sand with a texture similar to that one would find in nature. I had a hard time getting the water to be the color I wanted and to mimic sea foam and waves. 

Here is a picture of my latest painting.



I really enjoy painting. I find it very relaxing and soothing. I wish I would have picked up the hobby much earlier in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading:)