Friday, September 16, 2011

Mooovinggg!

Our apartment complex was recently bought out by new owners. These new owners have decided to change everything! They are replacing the siding, trim, and roofs on all apartment buildings and they are also remodeling. This sounds like a good thing (which it is), but it does have its drawbacks. They are remodeling each apartment which means that each family is going to have to a.) move into another apartment in the apartment complex, or b.) move out of this apartment complex completely.

This wouldn't be so bad, but they want you to move into your old apartment when it is completely remodeled. The initially stated that this would be 6-8 weeks, but that has turned into 3 months. The worse thing is that the temporary apartment they have available for you is not even remodeled. So you would have to move twice in three months. I don't know about you, but I think that this is completely unfair and very unreasonable. They are not compensating tenants for their time spent moving, transfer of utilities, or helping tenants move. I know that there are many older tenants in our apartment complex and people who have lived here for many years. 

The worse thing is that after they complete all of the remodeling, the rent for a one bedroom apartment (which is what we have) is going to increase by $200! That is really ridiculous! These apartments don't have good floor plans and they aren't in the best neighborhood. They are one of the cheapest apartment complexes in town. I know that many tenants are not going to be happy with this change. 

We received a notice on our door this week that we have to move out of our apartment by September 30. That is in two weeks! I can't believe that they expect us and the rest of our apartment building (16 apartments) to be out in that time. Our lease it up at the end of the month, but that really doesn't give us very much time to look for another place to live, or to give them a 30 day notice that we are moving. Matt and I really don't have a lot of free time to move at will and to find another place to live. Matt works two jobs, one part time and one full time. And I go to school full time and work part time. On top of that, my school work load is pretty full these next few weeks. 

This whole moving thing is extremely stressful and completely took us by surprise. I figured that they would have notified us much further in advance. I was really stressing about it this week. Luckily we found a place to live yesterday afternoon. My aunt is going to let us rent out her house temporarily  for the next 6 months to a year. Hopefully by then I will be graduated from college and have found a good job. God is awesome and I have great faith in him. I know that he always provides for u!. He provided the house we are going to move into soon and provide a good job for me when the time is right:) 

Matt and I are really excited about finally moving into a house (him more so than I). We will finally be out of a tiny one bedroom apartment, have a yard, a garage, and a computer room. We are so cramped in our current apartment and have no where to put anything anymore. Thank you Lord for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading:)