Thursday, September 8, 2011

Final Course 1 Cake Class

Last Thursday was my final Wilton Course 1 cake decorating basics class. I have to admit I was a bit excited yet sad at the same time. For this class we had to bring a pre-iced cake to class. Icing cakes is not one of my best skills. I had so much trouble icing this cake! I kept getting crumbs in the icing and I had to re-ice the whole cake about 5 times! I was so frustrated by the end that I was just ready to give up. I decided to ice my cake with a mint-greenish color and my final cake ended up looking like mint chocolate chip flavored cake due to the chocolate crumbs in the icing. How frustrating!

This class was also one of the most frustrating classes also. We learned how to make roses. Let me tell you it is not easy! I spent about an hour trying to perfect my rose after the instructor showed us how to make them. For some reason the rose petals were not coming out straight. They kept coming out curvy and pleated looking. I kept all of the roses I liked and placed them on my cake. I was also running short on time and was in a rush to get everything done. I made little swirly dots on the top of my cake, but I don't really like how they came out. I got tired of making them after a while and they final ones didn't look too good.

Here are a few pictures of my final cake. It is chocolate flavored.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading:)