Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Cake Request

I just got my first cake request yesterday and I am super excited! This is finally a chance to put my newly learned cake decorating skills to use. I am making a cake for my sister-in-law and her son's birthday party this Saturday. I have some sort of idea of what I am going to make and how I am going to decorate it. I am thinking of making two cakes to give a little variety. One definitely has to be chocolate, but the other, I am not too sure. If anyone has any suggestions, please post. My nephew wants a cake with a Halo theme which is going to be super hard to make. I have done a google search and the Halo themed cakes look like a lot of work. I will probably decorate my sister-in-law's cake with flowers or something girly. Flowers are one thing I can easily make.

I am also thinking about making business cards with my information just in case anyone at the party is impressed by my cake and would like me to make them one:)



If anyone has any suggestions please post them here. Thanks! I will post pictures of the completed cakes here soon.

2 comments:

  1. awww!! wish we could be there to see it and taste it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and Ben were here too! We definitely need to bake goodies during Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading:)